Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
What items stay with a property in a real estate transaction? If a Seller advertises that they will pay for a one year home warranty in a flyer or on the MLS is it included in the sale? Watch the video to find out!
Sale or Lease Contingency – How does it work? When a Buyer puts an offer on a home they want to buy but they must sell / lease their existing home how does all of that work contractually for a Buyer and for a Seller? Watch the video to find out!
When you are working with someone signing a contract, make sure that they are the correct one to sign the contract! This is especially important when working with Estates, Trusts & Powers of Attorney. It is also important not only WHO signs but HOW they sign! Watch the video for more information!
When you have a little “down” time as a real estate agent – i.e. you are not currently working with a lot of clients – there are many things you may still do to be productive in your real estate career. Watch the video for some ideas!
What is the NEWEST form of Cyber Fraud in the real estate industry? Watch the video to find out! If you are a real estate agent, you need to warn your clients and customers of the potential for Cyber Fraud. In addition to this NEW strategy, the issue of Wire Fraud has been well documented the past couple of years.
Many Brokers have Cyber Fraud Warning Disclosures and GREC has added a Cyber Fraud Awareness clause in the 2018 Forms. Now there is another sneaky way the bad guys are getting your clients’ money – watch the video to find out what it is! Thank you, Cindy Corona for bringing this to my attention.
Maximum One Wire Fraud Disclosure– required by Maximum One to be signed by every Maximum One Client & Customer. This form does not have to be part of the contract, but DOES have to be signed.
Thank you to Andy Hartman of Hartman Law Firm for drafting this Disclosure & Hold Harmless statement for us! This form may also be found in the Reference Section of Paperless Pipeline.
This year, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and these industry partners will commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act:
- The National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- The Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR)
- The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- The Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- The National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
How Will You Commemorate the Fair Housing Act?
I encourage you to join us in this commemoration. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Help your company, community, and local and state association identify and commemorate fair housing history and champions in your state.
- Submit information about how you are participating in this commemoration on www.FairHousing.realtor under the Showcase Stories tab. Share ideas, learn what others are doing to adapt in your own community, or work with local chapters of our national partners.
- Examine how access to quality education, health care and economic opportunity intersects with fair housing and property rights in your local area and nationally.
- Work to support efforts in your community to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.