This year, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and these industry partners will commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act:
- The National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- The Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR)
- The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- The Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- The National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
How Will You Commemorate the Fair Housing Act?
I encourage you to join us in this commemoration. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Help your company, community, and local and state association identify and commemorate fair housing history and champions in your state.
- Submit information about how you are participating in this commemoration on www.FairHousing.realtor under the Showcase Stories tab. Share ideas, learn what others are doing to adapt in your own community, or work with local chapters of our national partners.
- Examine how access to quality education, health care and economic opportunity intersects with fair housing and property rights in your local area and nationally.
- Work to support efforts in your community to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.