When you are working with someone signing a contract, make sure that they are the correct one to sign the contract! This is especially important when working with Estates, Trusts & Powers of Attorney. It is also important not only WHO signs but HOW they sign! Watch the video for more information!
When you have a little “down” time as a real estate agent – i.e. you are not currently working with a lot of clients – there are many things you may still do to be productive in your real estate career. Watch the video for some ideas!
What is the NEWEST form of Cyber Fraud in the real estate industry? Watch the video to find out! If you are a real estate agent, you need to warn your clients and customers of the potential for Cyber Fraud. In addition to this NEW strategy, the issue of Wire Fraud has been well documented the past couple of years.
Many Brokers have Cyber Fraud Warning Disclosures and GREC has added a Cyber Fraud Awareness clause in the 2018 Forms. Now there is another sneaky way the bad guys are getting your clients’ money – watch the video to find out what it is! Thank you, Cindy Corona for bringing this to my attention.
Maximum One Wire Fraud Disclosure– required by Maximum One to be signed by every Maximum One Client & Customer. This form does not have to be part of the contract, but DOES have to be signed.
Thank you to Andy Hartman of Hartman Law Firm for drafting this Disclosure & Hold Harmless statement for us! This form may also be found in the Reference Section of Paperless Pipeline.
This year, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and these industry partners will commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act:
- The National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- The Women’s Council of REALTORS® (WCR)
- The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- The Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
- The National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP)
Together we will raise awareness and create action as we examine community and fair housing issues. We will also advocate for changes to the Fair Housing Act to expand fair housing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity. As stewards of the right to own, use and transfer private property, fair housing protects our livelihood and business as REALTORS®.
Click to view a brief video
on the history of fair housing.
How Will You Commemorate the Fair Housing Act?
I encourage you to join us in this commemoration. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Help your company, community, and local and state association identify and commemorate fair housing history and champions in your state.
- Submit information about how you are participating in this commemoration on www.FairHousing.realtor under the Showcase Stories tab. Share ideas, learn what others are doing to adapt in your own community, or work with local chapters of our national partners.
- Examine how access to quality education, health care and economic opportunity intersects with fair housing and property rights in your local area and nationally.
- Work to support efforts in your community to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
To learn more about the commemoration, access program materials and resources, and to share what you are doing to recognize the anniversary of this important law, visit www.FairHousing.realtor
2018 Georgia Association of Realtors – Changes to the Purchase & Sale Agreement. Watch this video to learn of the changes to F20 – Purchase & Sale Agreement as well as the changes to B2 – What to Expect When Buying a House.
Please browse past Newsletters & see these in the Maximum One Blog (www.eAGENTweb.com – click “Blog” for the entire series of changes to the 2018 GAR contract forms as well as other contract tips!