This is the time of year when everyone makes lists! Santa lists those who are naughty and nice, we make lists for Christmas gift-giving for our loved ones, grocery lists for Holiday meals, etc. The media make all kinds of lists too. We typically read of year end superlatives and collections. For example, “Best Movies of 2014” “Best Albums of 2014” “Most Influential People of 2014” “Top 10 Richest in Forbes” etc. You get the idea! These lists are interesting and quick and easy to read. Making lists of the Best and the Worst tend to briefly summarize those events and steer one’s thinking to evaluate those results.
For your real estate business, go with the seasonal flow and make several superlative lists relative to your business. Then you may evaluate the effectiveness or futility of your business activities in order to continue or change so that financially 2015 will surpass 2014! Using lists are a way to keep you focused on what is important in your business and personal life. Lists can guide your behavior and activities and thoughts to help you garner the success you desire and deserve!
Below are some suggestions of Business Planning Lists to Guide you in real estate business for a prosperous new year!
- What percentage of your business in 2014 came from Buyers/Sellers/Rentals?
- Where did your Buyers come from in 2014?
- Where did your Sellers come from in 2014?
- What part of your business is making you money (i.e. your website? postcard campaign? sphere of influence?)
- Where are you spending money on your business that is not producing any return on investment?
- What are your challenges & solutions for generating business?
- What are your challenges & solutions for after-the-sale servicing?
- What really makes you happy in life?
- What are you most confident about in yourself? Your Business?
- What can you do to accomplish your goals in each area of business? Life?
- How much time/money did you invest in your education?
- How many hours did you work? Did you spend with your family & friends?
- How many prospects before you get a lead?
- How many leads before you get an appointment?
- How many appointments before you get a client?
- How many clients before you get a commission check?
- What type of enhancing thoughts do you focus on prior to going to bed each night?
Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!