| FSBOs are Back & They Need Your Help – by Dana Sparks
As you notice the market picking up, you also begin to notice an increasing number of For Sale by Owner signs. A FSBO sign in a front yard is simply an invitation for you to contact the Seller so you may help them sell the house! If you do not approach a FSBO about listing with you, your competition will! These Sellers are there simply waiting for your help & guidance!
How to Easily Find FSBO Listings & Contact Information – FSBO HotSheet – This service is an easy way to learn of the new FSBOs in your area AND receive their contact information, check out www.FSBOHotsheet.com . This company operates throughout the country & is based in Acworth, GA. When I was practicing, this was an invaluable tool for my business!
- Receive list of recent FSBO ads Mon – Sat
- Contact people whom you know want to sell
- Never receive duplicate ads even if the owner places a new one
- Receive Seller’s name, phone number & description of property (when available)
- New leads daily
- Don’t waste your time searching for these listings – spend your time contacting these FSBO Sellers
What to Say to Get the Appointment – There are several scripts to help you get that appointment with a For Sale By Owner
- I’m updating my database of all the homes for sale in the area…. is yours still for sale? …. Read More of this Script Here
- I’m calling about the home for sale… Is it still available? … Read More of this Script Here
- I notice you have your home on the market. I like to stay on top of the market so I was wondering if I could come preview your house? Read More of this Script Here
- Voicemail Message: I’m a full-time real estate agent who lists and sells homes in the neighborhood / area and I’d like to help you reach your goal of selling your home. … Read More of this Script Here
- Would you like a copy of the Seller’s Guide, “Who’s the Best Person to Sell My Home?” In this guide you’ll find a list of 29 key points all For Sale By Owner’s should know….. Read More of this Script Here
FSBO Objection Handlers – They all believe they will save money by selling the house on their own. Here are some ways to counter those objections
Becoming a FSBO Listing Expert will greatly enhance your income! FSBOs DO list their homes with real estate agents.
- It’s not easy in today’s market to get a transaction closed even with two full-time agents working together
- Other professionals (lenders, attorneys, appraisers) will not speak directly with the principles in the transaction
- FSBOs get tired of “tire kickers”
- There are a myriad of safety concerns with selling a house by owner
- FSBO Sellers attract Buyers looking “for a deal” because they know they are not paying a commission
- FSBO Sellers attract Buyers who are not qualified and looking for Owner Financing
- Properties listed with agents attract more motivated & better qualified Buyers
- Many Buyers shopping FSBO listings don’t show for their appointment to see the house – HUGE waste of time for the FSBO Seller
- FSBO Sellers see other homes that are listed selling quicker than their home is selling
- FSBO Sellers don’t get the exposure they need
- Many agents working with motivated Buyers will not show FSBOs
Go offer your services to these FSBO Sellers so you may help them move, achieve their goals, and enhance your real estate career! They need your help!