The Don’t Make Resolutions… Ask Questions! – by Dana Sparks
January 1st! The date is notorious for setting goals and making resolutions! Do these things really work? In order to move forward, you need to discover for yourself things you do not know! My former real estate coach has a saying, “You don’t know what you don’t know!” Sounds trite and Yogi Berra-esque until you realize that you are in the productivity business – to help people with their needs in real estate by showing them what they don’t know!
Make this market in real estate crystal clear and elucidate your ability to help Sellers and Buyers by realizing what you don’t know. To assist you with this, one of the main skills to learn lies in the realm of interpersonal communications and INTRApersonal communications! Therefore, do not concern yourself with setting goals which sound good yet may not be so personally motivating to you. Instead, ask yourself inspiring questions to guide your daily activities!
So what questions should you ask yourself? Start with these action-oriented questions:
- “How do I want 2014 to be different from 2013?”
- “Am I doing everything I know how to do to ensure my success?”
- “Will more of the same only get me more of the same?”
- “What tasks do I need to STOP doing?”
- “What habits do I need to embrace?”
- “Do I actively participate in generating new business every day?”
- “Is there something else I can be doing to be successful?”
- “Is there someone else from whom I can get guidance and support to be successful?”
- “Am I in an environment – physically and socially – that supports me and my desires?”
- “What can I do to be more efficient and more effective with what I know?”
- “Houses are selling EVERY DAY… am I selling them? Why or why not?”
- “How can I help clients take advantage of all the opportunities in this market today?”
For some more thought-provoking questions, enjoy this video, “The 5.75 Questions You’ve Been Avoiding” from Michael Bungay Stanier of “Box of Crayons” for some ideas! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqW9WiIlqMU
From all of us at Maximum One Realty, have a Happy, Healthy, Loving, Adventurous and Prosperous 2014!