prAna Handbook for Life –
courtesy of Mark Willix
“prAna” is the ancient Sanskrit word for breath, life and vitality of the spirit. There is an online (and brick and mortor) store which makes and sells clothing for yoga, climbing and other sports. (Check them out at www.prana.com .) The concept of prAna has guided their actions and lifted their aspirations daily and their “Handbook for Life” is replete with guidance and motivation which will help us all grow as individuals and business owners! Read below inspiration for Health, Personality, Society and Life.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
- Make time to meditate.
- Read more books than you did in 2012.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Comparing our lives to others is fruitless. We have no idea what their journey is about.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones especially about things out of our control. Invest energy in the positive present moment.
- Try not to over do. Understand limits.
- Why take ourselves so seriously. No one else does.
- Gossip drains precious energy.
- Dream more while we are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. We already have all we need.
- Forget issues of the past. Let go of our partners mistakes of the past. Focus on our present/future happiness
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Make peace with our past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of our happiness except us.
- Realize that life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons we learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- We don’t have to win arguments. It’s ok to agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is insignificant compared to what you think of yourself.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends & family will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Keep only things that are useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Higher powers heal everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how we feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- When we awake alive in the morning, be thankful.
- Our Inner most is always happy. Release your “Inner Happy” on the world every day!